Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sienna Sip and Stroll: Pinot Gringos and All Their “Trick Wines”

Sienna Sip and Stroll: Pinot Gringos and All Their “Trick Wines”

Entry 2 from the Grand Wine and Food Affair

I was aware at the Grand Wine and Food Affair’s grand tasting held the previous evening that summer was arriving in the Houston area. It came with a big wet clap of thunder while I was pouring my “Pick Six” Texas wines (http://vintagetexas.com/blog/?p=738). If budding of wildflowers signaled the lead-up to the Hill Country Wine and Food Festival, the debut of hot heavy Houston weather usually means the best Not-So-Lil’ festival in Southeast Texas is at hand.

When I arrived at the Saturday Sienna Sip and Stroll under heavy moisture-laden air, I was glad that I had come appropriately dressed; shorts, cool cotton shirt with its tail hanging, and a large straw Panama hat with umbrella in tote. When I arrived, I peeked into the three large white tents that dotted the open Sienna Plantation grounds in Missouri City confirming they were full of delectable gastronomic delights and titillating wines. Next to the Sip and Stroll tent city were two additional smaller tents. One was dubbed “The Cigar Club” where attendees met with world class cigar makers. These cigar aficionados even got to toke with black clad Kinky Friedman, Texas’s eclectic singer, songwriter, novelist, humorist, columnist and politician.

More at: http://vintagetexas.com/blog/?p=748

No comments:

Post a Comment