Saturday, February 14, 2009

North Texas Road Trip: Entry 6 - Lone Oak Vineyard, a bit of Texas Bordeaux

North Texas Road Trip: Entry 6 - Lone Oak Vineyard, a bit of Texas Bordeaux

I stopped the previous night in Denton, Texas. This morning I awoke and primed for today’s adventure with a “stick-to-my-ribs” Waffle House breakfast. Over the period of a couple days since the cold and ice hit northeast Texas, the weather was warming agreeably. Saturday raised its fresh and sunny face. The morning sun cast a warm, amber hue on the dry countryside punctuated only by occasional fields of emerald green winter rye.

My morning destination was about a half hour north of Denton toward the Oklahoma line where I visited with Robert Wolf at his Lone Oak Vineyard near Valley View, Texas.

More at: http://vintagetexas.com/blog/?p=521

No comments:

Post a Comment