Tuesday, February 17, 2009

North Texas Tour Entry 7 – Lone Oak Winery, Last Stop before Home

As my previous day’s travels ended, I stopped in Dennison and had dinner with friend and writing colleague, Henry Chappell. The day was getting late and after dinner we made our way to his house on Lake Texoma in time to see the last rays of winter sun glancing on the lake through the winter-denuded trees. We talked until late into the evening while sharing a bottle of a decade old Texas Cabernet in the company of his two dogs. We had a wide range of topics….wine, history, kids, corporate life, dogs, writing and back to wine; sharing stories of our past.

After my early Sunday start from Lake Texoma, I arrived just before noon at Lone Oak Winery. I sat with its owner Gene Estes and we talked about his entry and efforts into the world of Texas wine that has found a new use for the areas limestone, sand and gravel.

More at: http://vintagetexas.com/blog/?p=542

No comments:

Post a Comment